Tank Covers – Floating Covers
ETP’s floating cover is a system that allows for easy deployment, uses proven materials, allows for economy of scale in manufacture, and incorporates the experience of having manufactured many different collection systems.
Our floating covers are custom manufactured out of geomembrane materials and are suitable for any of the following purposes:
• Evaporation control
• Temperature insulation
• Rainwater barrier & collection
Both the type of fabric and specifications of the cover differ depending on the material to be contained. The tank cover may float on the surface of the material in the tank, fluctuating and remaining at the fluid level in the tank. The cover could also be suspended over the material in the thank, or it could be inflated by collected gases.
The Floating Covers feature:
- A skirt on all four sides which eliminates the need to tie the collection system to the berm
- A modular design which allows for multiple units to be used together. By making each cover a size that allows for easy handling and takes away the costly installation crews.
- The XR-5 cover is a proven material for bio- gas collection. It is strong, though and it is highly resistant to biogases. Its’ low gas permeability makes it ideal for the collection of biogases and for the use as a float cover material
- Poly log floats are used to the float the cover and create passageways for the collection of bio-gas. These floats are in sealed sleeves of the XR-5 material and are permanently fastened to the underside of the cover at the time of installation.
- Rainwater drainage is provided through the thru-cover drains. By extending the drains to the same depth as the skirts, gas loss is prevented. They also function as a pressure relief device in the event the cover ever has excessive pressure under it.
- Bio-gas collection is provided by the gas pick up points which allow the gas to move to the manifold. These pick-up points are welded to the cover using the same technology used to weld the seams.
- The cover’s unique design allows it to act as a gas storage container at times of peak production. This will level out the gas production/ demand cycle.
- The tie-down points are provided around the cover’s perimeter to allow for easy installation and placement.
- All metals used are stainless steel.
- Covers are custom made and be almost any size.
Contact Engineered Textile Products, Inc. to place and order for your floating cover now. We are waiting to assist you. Please feel free to contact us at 1-800-222-8277 or contact us here.